i cant take much more of this please help!

I just wanna cry and why not? I seem to do enough of that lately. I can't even function. Im 38 weeks pregnant and can barely walk, sit, or stand and I CAN'T SLEEP!! For days now I am running on very little sleep. I don't know what to do. I am close to panic mode. I have to take care of my 18 month old during the day and I can't even see straight let alone think straight. I have two positions I can sleep in...left hip or right hip. Well, they both hurt so I spend the few hours I get tossing and turning trying to relieve pressure. I can't do this...im ready to freak out im so damn tired!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 7:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can do it!! I promise! The last month is the LONGEST. And with a little one to care for it can get really exhausting. I've been there 3 times (with the little ones to take care of). Lay down whenever your 18 month old rests. I could get comfortable on our couch, but that was it. Also - you WILL get more sleep when the baby comes. At least I always did. I could sleep without pain, without having to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes! Even IF the baby nurses every 2 hours, that is a lot longer then 30 minutes. :)

You'll survive - barely. :) It IS exhausting! But let that baby 'bake' as long as he/she needs to! Get rest whenever and however you can, and just take it a day/hour at a time. Only a few more weeks.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Why are those the only two positions you can sleep in? I know they say you shouldn't sleep on your back, but I think at your point, any sleep is healthier than only sleeping on your sides. Find a family member or friend who can watch your LO for you, and get some rest, or ask your SO to look into staying home for a day to let you rest? BTW, while some vision alteration is normal during pregnancy, if your eyesight is really bad and isn't normally, you should get it checked. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Do you have a recliner? My last week, that was the only way I could get more than 2 hours of sleep. Also, do you have anyone you could ask for help with the 18 m/o so you could try to get in an extra nap?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I absolutely loved my body pillow at the ends of both my pregnancies. It helped me sleep more comfortably. I would be resting when the LO does and seeing if anyone can come over to help. This is part of the reason they say it takes a village to raise children.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• well only about 2 weeks left! try filling thub up and placing a towel at one end as a pillow, the water will help take pressure off and make your belly seem more weight less :) i know exactily your feeling though!
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 8:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm sorry :( Hang in there you're soooo close to being done! Remember, it's all worth it in the end!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 10:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Sounds like your tird of being prego, not much longer keep your head. Its just uncomfortable for you now.Try to rest or watch tv, I know you have an 18mos old just keep her/him with you in an area safe where you can watch her/him & take it easy.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011