need some help

if your liver starts to fail and you stop drinkin can it get better. my dad got the news yesterday and i am goin crazy. anybody know if it can?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Health

• yes it can rejuvinate itself,,,,,,,,,,,,he has to stop now!!!
    Anonymous

• The survival rates of those who stop drinking are as high as 89 percent. But a decompensated cirrhotic who continues to drink only has a 33 per cent chance of survival. So sorry, hope he stops drinking and you enjoy many many more years together
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If he stops drinking the damage is already there ofcourse, but it could diffenetlly have good benefits in the long run. I myself have had a problem with drug and alcohol abuse. I am staying clean, but living with hep-c for the rest of my life. Just praying to stay stable. I will pray for your father :}
    LILPATSY800

Answer by LILPATSY800 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2008