What can we do to make it better?

My boyfriend and I have a baby with medical needs and it has really hurt our relationship.

saherman12

Asked by saherman12 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to talk to him about how you're feeling. Having a child with special needs can really put a strain on a relationship, but if you communicate and are on the same page it will make the situation better.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Check out some of the special needs groups on here.. They may have some good tips for you!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree. Also see if maybe there are some support groups you could attened.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• This is a real trial. You need each other and your child needs both of you. Work on it. Work on it. Work on it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• men babies and relationships, even with a healthy baby can be hard, I would try any help available in your area to help support you and try to give your relationship some time, being careful to put yourself health first and time for your self if you get down the whole family will follow.
    suzzie7777777

Answer by suzzie7777777 at 8:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Maybe ask at your child's hospital for a good family councilor familiar with cases like this. You aren't alone, I think I read a report that said a pretty high percentage of marriages with special needs children ends in divorce.

Best of luck!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Support groups will help you out more than us. Talk to people who have been there before. Best of luck!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2011