do you let your baby/toddler play with your cell phone?

and then get mad when they break it?
a irl friend spanked her 2yo for breaking her phone after she gave it to him to play with. to me when you hand them an object its all fair game, and theres always the chance itll break, and i tell everyone if you dont want it broken or messed with keep it out of their reach.

SimplyErathy

Asked by SimplyErathy at 8:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• aww thats mean. my son always wanted mine but i never would give it to him..i gave him an old one and i had to buy him his own remote too. for some reason the toys werent good enough.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My kids have all our old cell phones to play with, but every now and then we go somewheres and I let him hold mine to keep quiet. As far as breaking it I have insurance for that.....
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree with you. If you're going to hand a child something to play with you're giving that object a chance to be ruined. If you don't want it ruined then don't give it to a careless toddler, who only wants to do everything possible to it anyhow. She was wrong to spank him for something she allowed him to do. That's sending the wrong message to him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree with you! I give my DD my phone, but I don't spend a ton of money on it, so if she breaks it, it's not a big deal. I assume that she will eventually. And its ok.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't let my daughter play with my phone because she got out the tub one day and made my blackberry her tub toy... she is off limits to our phones.lol
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 1:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no that is rong if you dont want your stuff broken dont hand it to them
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• that's messed up. I watch my seven year like a hawk when he uses mine.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011