A self satisfying two year old??? adult content

I just started babysitting this two year old and we were sitting at snack yesterday - then all of the sudden she started shaking and not talking. I asked her if she was alright - it looked as if she was trying to have a bowel movement. Her mom was on her way and had told me that the child had no allergies - because I had thought it was some reaction to peanut butter. When her mom got there she told me that she self satisfies herself. I Googled it and it does happen to some children - but she was just sitting there at the lunch table - her hands were on the table - I just don't get it. The booster seat is a plastic one with a lap belt and no strap so babies can't slide out. Her mom said that they had to switch car seats because of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what is this that your are saying exactly?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I am going to assume you are  talking about masturbation?? There really is nothing you can do until she is older, at 3 or 4 you/her parents can teach her that is only appropriate in private. My sister was like that too, except she used her hands. Can you put her in a booster without buckles/straps?

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I used to teach preschool and this is VERY common. When I first saw it I was very shocked. Over the years I would say I had one child at a time that did it.
    mommyIam08

Answer by mommyIam08 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I remember the first time I babysat a little girl who did the same thing. I was a little bothered, but I found out that little ones do it all the time...weird huh?
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 1:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• omg that is scary
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• LoL weird to catch but quite normal and pretty common...not much you can do about it though!!....her mom can try to explain that its something that should be done in private..but if she is easily stimulated by things like seat belts and buckles the only way to stop it in your house would be to avoid those things!?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yesterday was pretty good - only in the car when we were waiting to pick up my daughter from school - but she was doing it in front of this other mom that was talking to her and me and I kept trying to tell her not to "wiggle." I found out that she IS three - she only says that she is two. I've tried to tell her that it is inappropriate for her to do it at my house. My husband is bothered by it because she humped his leg when he was trying to leave to go to work (this was before I explained it to him). One day last week - it was just CONSTANT. EVERY time I turned around! I stopped using the lap belt at the table - and I've tried an assortment of boosters - what she does is she wiggles her legs around to stimulate herself. If I pull her all the way back in her chair, she seems to be better. I don't know - thanks again!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2011