Babysitting question...

Yesterday I asked a question about this too.....I applied for a childcare job. She pays $60 a day at 3 days a week. She told me the hours would increase in august for like 6 weeks from 9 hours to 14 hours. She said they would pay me more and asked how much would I charge. (its for a 20 month old and 3 almost 4 year old, and her 16 year old son will be there and not need "watching"). I emailed her back saying does $5 for the extra hours sound fair and asking her what time Sunday is good with her for me to come over to learn where everything is and all(she asked if I could come over before the care started) well I emailed her back around 3pm yesterday and have not heard anything from her. I really really need this and I am scared I asked for to much money or something. Do you think I am over reacting or do you think I asked for to much money??? (I am going to have to get them up in the mornings breakfast, lunch, dinner, bath and bed at night)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Don't worry yourself. When I babysat it was $8 a hour for two or three kids. but i didn't bath them or have them at night
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 8:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Maybe she just got caught up in things and wasn't able to get to her email yet. That sounds like a reasonable price to me. I am sure if the price isnt okay with her she'd negotiate it rather than not answer back.... It will all work out :0)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I watch my cousins little one and she pays me $30 a day and I have her from about 8:30-6 and sometimes overnight she is 2 I think you are fine with your pricing ...maybe the mom got busy so hasnt replied to ya yet
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2011