Do you think Spring Break will be shortened if you've run out of calamity days?

I know some states cut those days from 5 down to 3, which is not realistic in this part of the country. Be prepared to have your Spring Break cut short if they have to make up days.

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in

• Here, they will both cut a day or two from Spring Break and add up to a week at the end of the school year if needed to make up for snow days. However, since we know there will be several snow days every year, our district automatically works them into the calendar, so there is less of a chance of having days cut or added.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I Hope so, I'd rather lose days in the winter instead of the summer personally.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• That usually happens here - they made up one day on a teacher workday, if we have more snow the next 2 are taken out of spring break, then tacked on to the end of the year.

Answer by missanc at 9:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Our schools (WI) build one day in that is an off day in feb that if needed they will go to school instead, Otherwise they tack it on to the end of the school year.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Ours always is...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• In our district (NE Ohio), they lengthen the school year, they don't cut down Spring Break.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Around here the kids go longer in the summer instead of loosing Spring Break. But, since we homeschool we work right through the snow days and still get out for summer. We also work through the "teacher work days" and use those when I need them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Its not something that happens here but I would love that. Three weeks for Spring Break is too long for us.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Not in my district. Breaks stay the same and the school year is lengthened.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2011