why is it that the people that say the nasty, mean things hide behind anonymous.

if you believe so much in what you say why not just show your face. haha. whimps!

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Aren't we all anon anway? I don't know you, you don't know me... lol Just a thought.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• They weren't held enough as a baby?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• exactly. so why hide behind anonymous.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• charis76, that was priceless.i loved it. that put a smile on my face. they like to insult people and judge others and just not put a name to their statement. haha. i say stand up for what you believe in. we are all anonymous. its the internet.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Agrees with Leftlane. All ANON does is keep people from knowing who to flame and email and harrass in future threads. Knowing who said it shouldn't matter to you since you don't know the person and seeing what the screenanme and silly pic attached is isn't going to tell you anything about them.

But to answer it is the nature of the internet. Its easy to be honest and bold on here knowing nothing can happen to you in real life and you dont have to hear their response if you dont want to.

I don't like it when ANON is misused. It does have its purpose when your want to be honest or saying something embarrassing or even contraversial without any backlash directed at you and it keeps any negativity right there in that thread. For all ya its someone on your friends list who doesn't want to piss you off but feels they want to be honest in their response. Who knows?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm curious why you care. A lot of people ask this question & my first thought is always "why do you care? Just move along..."

They may not be wimps, they may just enjoy the freedom of having privacy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• because i don;t hide and i am just curious on why those that say the nasty mean things and the most judgemental are the ones that are anonymous. i mean i understand some questions need some but others are just ridiculous.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• A lot of people ask this question. Some people are having very hormonal days...come on you're on cafemom where there are many pregnant and emotional WOMEN!! While some are being too mean, it may feel good to them to get out their irritability on someone they don't know than on someone they love. I never take anonymous rude answers to heart. I bet half the women that have left mean statements do feel guilty later!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i doubt the majority of female members here are pregnant and hormonal but thats a good excuse to use, not like anyone would know would they? lol. Personally I think its just a way to vent out for people and they know nothing can happen to them when they log out.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Why does it matter?
    Whether they said it under their screen name or otherwise it is still the same comment. Does it actually matter if they're going to be nasty either way? I mean honestly, the only reason any of you want them to post under their screen name is so you can write them and tell them how nasty they're being. You'd rather stalk their profile and be able to tell them off then IGNORE IT. Because that would almost be too much. To be the bigger person and ignore that they're being nasty.

Can we seriously get over this whole anon subject. Honestly, it's ridiculous!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011