Daycare is the best decision I ever made for MY child

that is for all those that are against daycare. To each their own but I wont hide when I say it.
oh btw she is not clingy and its not a kennel for kids and its a wonderful place. its a in home daycare. So i not saying all places are like that but don't judge all unless you know all and don't judge what you have not experienced.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• good for you?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I must say that when my kids went to daycare I loved the place they were at. It was a home daycare and I knew the family from high school. My kids loved it and had a great time. When I decided to stay home after my third child was born it was hard to let them know that the kids would not be there any more. So I agree that yes some daycares might not be the best, although you shouldn't judge all daycares because of a few bad ones.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's a personal choice... I made the choice to stay home, it was what my Hubby and I felt was best for our family. We can afford for me to be home... They are all in school now and I'm still at home. If I wasn't there wouldn't be anyone to pick them up from school when they're sick, or have a Dr appt, etc.. I also don't want them to have any time on their own, and get stuck in situations they can't handle. So like I said, it was our choice. You have to be happy with your choice and not worry about what others think.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i like the daycare my kids go to. altho i wish i COULD be home with my kids all the time. it is just not possible both S/O and i have to work. currently i am on maternity leave and feel horrible because i was put on early leave due to threat of preterm labor. and i take my son to daycare everyday i do not have some one near by to tend to him if i go into labor. (everyone else friends and family work days aswell) but on days i do have help near by ie someone is off that day that could tend to him (he is 3) if i go into labor he stays home with me. i keep telling him maybe baby will come today and when mommy gets out of the hospital no more "school" until mommy has to go back to work. and he is so excited as am i.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Lower the pistols, some of us may agree with you, you don't have to come out guns blazing lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Both of my children are in a daycare. We like to call it school because that is the feeling you get when you first walk in. We love it. My son is in the toddler room and my daughter is in preschool. Today is pj day. Both of my kids were so excited. Both my husband and I love the school.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 9:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My DD went to a wonderful day daycare and she had a great time with her friends and teachers. Although I wanted to be at home with her she was able to grow and learn more in that environment than only being about home with me all day. Although there are some people who act as though daycare is the worse thing in the world and all sorts of scary things happen there, but that is not how our exprience is for us.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My DD did great when she went to daycare!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My kids go to daycare, it is good for them and we have to be a 2 parent household. I think that good parents do what they can for their children using their judgement, don't worry about anyone else's
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011