I have my son's one year birthday next month, our house is 2000 sq ft., but it's a by level and not set up for entertaining, where can I have a 1 yr. old's birthday party?

Charliesmom0219

Asked by Charliesmom0219 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Community Center? Hotel Meeting Room? Grandma's house? Chucky Cheese?
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Fire house hall or restaurant back room are both good options.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree with Dalimonster. you could see if you could have it at a relatives house, a pizza place or even some place like McDonalds or Burger King.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 1st birthday parties can be mind-boggling! Everyone wants to come.
    I suggest you have separate parties. One on the actual date of the occasion for family and another the following weekend for friends. An intimate party for relatives is certainly a memory maker and will help keep your baby from becoming over-stimulated.

If you are certain that you want to chose another venue, where you live has a lot to do with your choices. If your climate is warm enough you can reserve a pavilion at a local park or simply pitch a tent in your own yard. If you live in a cooler climate look into local restaurants. Even those that don't normally cater to kids are often very interested in booking a large party. (Be sure to announce that "appetizers will be served" on the invitations unless you want to pay for the full event.) Also look into churches, clubs, malls and sports centers. They often have rooms available for special events!
    jazzgal

Answer by jazzgal at 9:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Local churches might have party halls that you can rent out for that event. I know a lot of the ones around us do. They can be a little costly depending on the church, but it might be worth it in the end.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My house is similar and we have had two first birthday parties, 6 other birthday parties and are about to have another first bday party! It is only a couple of hours, a one year old won't be playing games, so we just utilize the entire house. Everyone crowds in to see the little one destroy a bit of cake, watch mommy open the presents (because trust me, baby won't), and then they mill around and eat cake where ever they find a spot and leave. It works fine for us every year!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Really how many are you talking about?? Either do with what you have or chuck e cheese. Depending on your weather, if it's nice you can have it in your backyard and rent a bounce house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Depends on the weather where you live. I had mine outside at a park shelter. It worked great. Lots of space and play equipment for the kids.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011