can you paint in base housing?

we're moving into base housing within the next month and dh is going on deployment and i want to have a "mancave" all done for him when he gets back including painting.. does anyone know if its ok to paint walls in base housing.. its usmc housing

usmcgirl86

Asked by usmcgirl86 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I wouldn't ask us, I'd ask the military housing people.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Its usually a "no". But t our last post you could paint with premission and it had to be back to white before ou left. Best bet is to just ask your housing company
    SierraLynn

Answer by SierraLynn at 9:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Were based in NC Camp Lejeune and you can paint here just has to be primed back before you leave :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have always been told yes as long as you paint it back before you move out
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My uncle and his wife always lived in base housing. She said you could paint, but it had to be painted back to white when you moved so she just learned to live with white walls.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2011