Do you have a dishwasher loading chart or photo for others who load your dishwasher?

I had to make one. It isn't that I am hyper-controlling, but that I know how to get the most in there and still have everything get completely clean. I printed and laminated these and stuck them to the inside of the cupboard where I keep the dishwasher detergent. Now even my 6 and 8-year-old daughters can load their own dishes as they are finished using them.

Top Rack:

Bottom Rack:

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 9:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No, but that's a great idea! Actually, what I do is go back each time and check the dishwasher and if it's not right they have to unload it and fix it. The chart would make everyone happy (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• way too OCD for me lol :) No i just use common sense and if necessary, show my kids how its done.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Um no. I'm just thankful if someone besides me loads the dishwasher.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you and my hubby would get along just fine. LOL! I will load the dishwasher and he will open it up and rearrange everything. I think life is way to short to be this anal about the loading of the dishwasher. Typically you can only get one or two more things in it anyway and the whole picture of how to load it is way to much for me.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Um no. I trust others to be able to load a dishwasher.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• lol sorry but I found the photos amusing.
    No, I have never nor has anyone I know ever used this method. It's just common sense and being taught the right way from the beginning and teaching others.
    Growing up my siblings and I had a competition on who could cram the most into the dishwasher at one time. My brother ended up beating me by one cup! And then our mom made us stop because we were filling it to the point where it wasn't really cleaning the dishes...
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No, but I can see how that would come in handy for a young child or a child with special needs to learn how to load a dishwasher.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No chart to go by.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well, common sense is not as common as reported! I have been married for 12 years and "teaching" my husband how to load a dishwasher all that time and he never got it. And with the chart, my children have some independence and can feel like they've done it all by themselves. Also, I don't just get 2-5 more things in there than my husband does. I can get an entire sinkful more in there. LOL! It was time for a chart in this house. ;o)
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Great idea. I'm come to a similar way of loading, but that was after weeks of trail and error. I wish I saw your chart before then.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2011