How do I let it go?

Okay, my husband and I have been together for 8 years, we started dating as teens-ages 14 and 15. He recently told me that when we first started dating, like within the first 2-3 months, he slept with two other girls. He said the first time, he didnt really feel bad, but the second time he felt really guilty afterwards. His reasoning is, he was 15- and never thought we would last more than a few weeks, and it was a semi-long distance relationship. My husband is very cold, he doesnt really show emotion-except for anger and annoyance. But when he was telling me all this, I for the first time in 5 years saw "vulnerability" in him. I could see the regret and that he was really sorry. It was brief, but it was there. I do not believe that he has cheated on me since. Especially not since we became serious-lived together, had kids, got married. Any tips to help me get over this and let it go? I go through random times where I really just want to beat his brains in, then other times where I think how glad I am that we did last, because we are really great together, and we do love eachother very much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• He was honest with you. This was when you were both teenagers and not even married. I know it is in our nature to be jealous but just think of what you have today. The past is the past, over and done with, and you have a great present and future with him.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 10:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I feel he must really regret what he has done years ago or he would of never brought it up in the first place. It was obviously eating at him for him to have the need to tell you. At 15 you were both kids and for a relationship to lasts like you all have that is AWESOME, he has definitely matured by telling you what happened when you both were just kids. I would let it go he told you to relieve the feeling bad for doing it and you should be happy he cares enough to do so. To be mad at him for something that happened so long ago would just make him regret even telling you. Let the pasts be the pasts you are obviously in love and deserve each other. Be happy he is telling you things most men would have not even told and he did say he regretted it......................Good luck I know its always easier said than done!!!
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• at 15 hes was a walking hormone and didnt know what love was. hes now a man and your married. let it go. dont allow the past to ruin your future.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• sounds like you have not forgiven him for that. remember that you guys were young when it happened. he obviously loves you to death and don't seem like he wants a repeat of that young act to happen again. forgive him and enjoy your happy marriage.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011