Does this sound like a pulled muscle?

I've been working out. My son is getting into boxing so I've been doing his workouts with him to get into shape. On Thursday of last week I did burnouts. Which is basically hitting a punch bag for one minute straight. its not a hard hit but a constant hit. Anyway, My arms, particularly shoulders were a bit sore from this. Its not the first time I've done these I just dont do them every workout but maybe once a week. The next night, Friday night a bunch of us decided to take our kids bowling and we played two games. That weekend My shoulder was very sore. Not surprisingly though. I expected it. I didnt work out at all over the weekend. By sunday evening it was feeling better. Then on Monday night I went to do my push ups and my first one felt like a knife was jabbing into my shoulder joint! It didn't feel like a muscle pull it felt like it was in the bone. Is this normal or does it sound like I injured something and should see a dr?

JennyJenny529

Asked by JennyJenny529 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I would still at the very least call the doctor's office. You should have it looked out and find out what they think you should so as not to do further injury to it. Things like this may heal but if you do not let the heal properly, you will have major issues with them as you get older. And as you age, you will regret not taking care of the problem when you could have.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 5:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You need to give your shoulder some time to heal.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Thanks, that was what I was thinking! I just didnt want to put off getting it looked at if it needed to be. But I plan on it!
    JennyJenny529

Comment by JennyJenny529 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yup,sounds like you pulled something. Hope it feels better soon!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011