Did anyone get a divorce and regret it later in life?

My husband gave me herpes. I treated him badly and he went out and cheated and now this. The sad part is I still love him. We have a daughter and Ive been w him 13 years married for 3. I feel like a fool but people are telling me I should fight for my husband and not let some stranger ruin my family. My mother left my father for an affair and she regrets it till this day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I didn't regret my divorce - I knew it was over. (Was married for 13 years.) You have to decide if you want to stay int he relationship; it's not about "letting someone" ruin your family, it's about how committed you and he are to the relationship. No one can ruin your family but you and your DH.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I divorced my first husband. But I did not have a hasty divorce due to herpes or cheating. I knew for a long time he wasn't the right one and we divorced and have remained friends. If you feel like it would be a mistake to divorce, then put in the work to save the marriage.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes.. my ex and I have 2 wonderful kids together. You have to listen to your heart underneath all the hurt.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• divorced years back
    do not regret, he was a cheater and became abusive
    but we did not have a child together

recently, broke up with my childs father, did not want to, just had no other choice (because i am unable to grow a penis-nor do i want to pretend to have one) sometimes you have no option

when you do have option, think from your head because it will not stir you wrong, the heart puts plenty of thought into descision, so do not have to try to think with heart, but do have to make your head think about what you are choosing

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I guess that all depends on how you handle the cheat. I would not be able to be with my husband if he ever cheated on me, but then alot of people are able to work it out even go to counseling.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you still love him and you have a child together. many men cheat and marriages do survive it but it does take work on both sides. i say go to a marriage counselor and allow her to help you both work thru it. if your already thinking regret from a divorce then dont do it. give your marriage the time it deserves to see if you can heal this. good luck to you. marriages can be saved!
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I do not regret my divorce. The only regret I have is that I didn't divorce him earlier!!!!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 11:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No, I don't regret my divorce from my ex. My current DH is the man I'm supposed to be with.
    SheIsMySunrise

Answer by SheIsMySunrise at 12:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I know exacly what you are going through,i've been with my DH 13yrs and married 8yrs and i found out a month ago he cheated.
    I am having trouble staying and leaving because i do still love him and our 2 boys. We are going to counseling and it is helping but it is still so very hard.
    Good Luck...
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 2:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I divorced my ex and don't regret it. We see each other now and I still see the same characteristic that turned me off.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011