When is it okay to introduce kids to new SO?

There dad just started seeing this new ....girl.....they've only known each other since nye, IMO I dont' think my kids should meet her yet, and actually, I don't want them to!!!! It hasn't even been 3 weeks. He just thinks it's okay for my kids to meet all his ''gfs" right away. From what I know she has a habit of drinking, and I don't even think she has custody of her own child, she goes over to his house and stays until 3am, i'm sure her child isn't w/ her, why would I want my kids around someone like that? Who leaves her own child to go see a ''man'' she doesn't even know? and doesn't come back until 3am....

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• IMO I would want to know that the relationship was going to last a long time...wouldnt want my kids to go through a different SO every week! they need stability! I wouldnt intro them for at lekast 6 mo but thats me
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You can request a timeline but you don't have any control what he does when he has the kids. =[
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's not for you to judge when your ex introduces the children to a new GF. I'm sure you wouldn't want him telling you when it was appropriate either.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i agree it is too soon. it is not fair to the kids to meet every S/o that pops up. kids so easily get attatched and often do not understand why the person is gone when a break up occurs. however if the relations ship has gone exclusive and has turned serious it would imo be acceptable to be introduced. but as a friend. not bf or gf. try talking to your ex and let him know u dont want the kids to get hurt.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Lol ... BUT HE DOES!!!!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i agree hes an idiot but you cant control what he does. hopefully he will not put your kids in harms way or i'd get the courts involved. there are plenty of men and women who move way too fast introducing kids to others and it confuses them but everyone has their own morals. whos to say also that your ex and this women might just be soulmates? its part of divorcing with kids, you lose control of the other half.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2011