Who is in charge?????

Mommy (the children are with me and they try to take advantage) and Daddy are that is who.....

My 8 year old have plenty of time to do homework, take a shower, read and have some free time, but she decided again to do as she pleased. Well shock wave she was sent to bed a little bit earlier, and because she did not do what she was suppose to do she missed out on her evening snack.... She cried for at least and hour you know the sympathy cry and whine, you don't love me, nobody likes me, blahhh, blhaaaa blahhhh, bahhhh hummm boooogggg..... :)

This moring she said she was sorry and we had a wonderful morning and this is the little one that usually takes and hour to get dressed... Keep your fingers cross, it gets harder before it gets better. Little tip for mommys going through this....
Repeat in your head: I am in charge, they are the children not me... I will not tolerate it anymore and if they get you pissed, take a 5 minute time out....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• good job mommy, keep holding your ground!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• oh i get this alot my ds is 3 and dd is 2. my ds likes to tell me that he is in charge to which i say ummm no i carried u for 9 months had a csection im the mommy im in charge. sometimes he tells me No daddys in charge and i just tell him do u see ur daddy here? no he is at work. thats right because this is my work and im in charge. usually it stops his behavior
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• whoooo hooooo and believe me for some reason it's harder on the mommy than it is the child.....keep your head up and stay strong don't give in that's what they all wait for...........been there done that many times!!!!!
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I found repeating and repeating in my head, I am in charge, I am the parent, what I say goes, really works to keep me strong....

KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• way to goGood job and its nice to see something positive on here for a change.

peace013

Answer by peace013 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Hold steady, hold steady KFree907. LOL
    Another little outsmarting trick I use: "Are you being lazy? Ok it is fine. Mama will be lazy too when you want to go to your friend's house." If ya can't beat em, join em! lol
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• What you say, you must mean, and even though the kids get too me with saying, You don't love me, and all that stuff.

They are doing the guilt thing, guilt get out of my head, I know I still love them.... UMMMMM poof
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Good job. Stay strong. They need boundaries and rules.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• What you say, you must mean,

I like this and say it short and simple.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I had this happen last week. We were planning a family game-type evening and my nine year old son was supposed to take and empty the little bathroom garbage cans around the house. He was not happy that he had to do this, and when he expressed such I told him he could either do it, be helpful so that we can get to our game, or he could go to his room and say goodnight. He chose to say goodnight. Then he sat at the top of the stairs the entire time we played our game crying. My husband asked if I was going to just let him play and I said no, I meant what I said. When I talked to him later, after all was said and done, he apologized, saying he made a stupid choice and he should have just taken garbage duty on and that from now on he would be more helpful. So far so good.

Good for you sticking to your guns and not caving! I love to hear these nice mommy moments!!!!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011