HELP!!!

My situation is that I am staying at home with my 6 month old daughter right now and taking classes online through an online school to recieve my hs diploma. 2 years ago when I was supposed to graduate a situation occured were I could not and had to work 2 jobs. After having my daughter we were just getting by until this month when everything seems like it has been falling apart. I collect unemployment because almost a year ago I was laid off well trying to get a job being pregnant was near impossible. My fiance works as much as he possibly can and we do get asssistance through the government for food and my daughter for medical. I am not proud what so ever of our situation but I will do whatever I have to so that my daughter has what she needs. I want us so bad to be able to stand on our own two feet. I have been looking all over for jobs where I can work from home. Doing that seems like the best possible solution since I do schooling online and have my daughter. I found a company I thought about putting time into called barefoot books. It is no cost to start up but I am afraid of wasting time to have no results. I dont have the money to invest to not see outcomes and I have applied to do so many vitual assistance jobs its not funny. I even thought about applying for a personal grant but that can take time to be approved and I need something where I can see some kind of income in the next week or two. Please if anyone has any advice or suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you.

sophiasmommy720

Asked by sophiasmommy720 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• Learn from my experience: Never use money that you don't have on a money making venture. If your heart is truly in this book deal, then finish your education, get a job (in home or out) and put some money aside for it.
    jazzgal

Answer by jazzgal at 10:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Thanks I plan to complete my education the only thing is right now with money financially we need it. So im hoping someone may have been in a similar situation or something that may have some advice about what they did.
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It takes a lot of hard work to get a business not only started but successful. More time than you have with both a baby and school. If you need money quick, I would suggest trying to sell something. The focus your energy on getting your GED. Next to your daughter, that should be your top priority.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes thanks and my daughter is number one then school which i can have my diploma in june and i have come this far im not going to give up on that now for a ged. There is nothing wrong with having a ged but i was a manager which i started working for the corp. when i was still a student and anytime we got applications to review if they had a ged they were not even considered so in the real world having a ged truly is not equal to having a diploma even though businesses say so employers barely look at their applications. Also money is a number one concern bc without money we cant live therefore a job is a must not something im just thinking about
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• How much time does your online schooling take (per day/per week)? What hours does your fiance work? Is there a part-time job you could get when he is not working (cleaning houses, cleaning offices, cleaning apartments or houses for landlords after tenants move out, paper route in the early morning hours)?
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 12:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• we did the paper route when i was pregnant which was great but with a baby its not possible. Schooling only takes 8 hours i usually can get everything done in a lot less time but ill work on other things to stay ahead. I thought about getting a job at a daycare so that i could have my child with me but we only have one car. Thats were my issue comes with working out of the house because he starts work at three and gets home around ten. He only makes minimum wage. I by all means dont want to sound like im begging for someone to give me legit advice, its just we have tried so much and got no where. I mean I went to work for a week waitressing and between driving back and forth with one car paying the babysitter which was family and cheap and gas it still put us nowhere. It was a waste of energy. I by all means am not trying to make money fast and sure dont want to be scammed. Just work honestly online and make something to help
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I haven't made a dime off of Barefoot Books, so don't bother. With the economy those are not the best businesses to get into. Try Cha Cha. They are always looking for people and they train you. I am starting the training Thurs. when my 13 yr. old starts public school. He has been at home online and now I will be able to work. Jobs here are scarce, especially since I have been a SAHM for over 17 yrs. So I figured if I can work p/t online, while looking for something that fits my sons schedule, why not? Good Luck!
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 1:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Hey thank you and good luck to you as well. Did you try virtual assistant jobs? I did lots of research there are some good oppertunities where you are an actual employee for a company, you fill our applications and then if they choose you most pay for training. I recommend trying it if your son you say is older and you have a house phone. Most pay from 8-14/ hr I applied for a couple and am still waiting to hear back from them but also with me its harder bc I have a 6 month old.
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Sales (like barefoot books) takes a lot of time, and you need a fairly large social network.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011