Do you think men love their children as much as women do?

My husband is a fantastic father and he loves his kids a lot. We watch Intervention on A&E and I said I wasn't sure I could kick my child out if they were severely addicted to drugs and doing so put their life and safety at risk. He said he absolutely could.

I find that's pretty common on the show and in my life.

Do you think men love their children just as much as women do? Or is the bond different?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that both parents love their children but I do think that the bond is different just because men and women are wired differently.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i know my husband absolutely loves our daughter an much as i do. she's his everything. i don't think the kicking out thing has to do with whether you love your child or not, if you want to save them you can't help them feed their addiction
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I believe that they absolutely do. Men tend to express their love in different ways than women, and tend to be more logical in their thinking. For what it's worth, in the situation you described I wouldn't hesitate to kick my child out.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• in my situation
    answer is clearly a no
    he saw her day after Christmas, i drove up there so he could see her
    he has not called or even emailed since (nearly a month! and no word at all from him)
    if he cared i think he would call at least once a week to see how she is
    guess that he is too busy watching gross porn and looking for his next "tail"
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think men love their kids, but a lot of them don't have that same need to take care of the child like many moms do. I have seen dads who are way better with the kids than the mom, and too many moms who don't seem to care about their kids at all. I think it depends on the person as much as the gender.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't think it's a matter of loving them less if your DH could kick them out. It's because he doesn't want to enable their bad behavior. If you keep letting them do what they want, then you're not helping them, you're making it worse.
    I feel my Hubby loves our boys as much as I do, he sacrifices his time for them, he works very hard to give them a great life. Teaches them to be respectful, and loving boys. He also teaches them to be responisible for themselves, and to me that's all a part of Loving them.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• and I too in that situation could kick my child out. I had a brother addicted to crack and the worst thing my mother did was not cut him off because he used and abused anyone he could and it wasn't until he hit rock bottom that he got clean.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think I love my children more than my husband does. Don't get me wrong he loves them but I show more affection and attention. He had a crappy Dad so I don't think he knows any different.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I believe they love just as intensely and fully, but I do believe that they love in a different way.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• oh and i saw one episode where both parents were divorced, they had 3 kids, 2 of them died from heroine overdoses and the third was on his way there as well. the mother kicked him out and he went to live with his father who he basically used, the mother tried to convince the father to kick him out for his own good but the father said he just couldn't
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2011