All natural cleaners?

I know there is vinegar. But how do you use it and can it clean everything? What about the toilet and bathtub?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It can clean everything. I use several different things: vinegar, baking soda, borax, lemon juice, essential oils, castile soap. I have "recipes" for all the basic cleaners, if you'd like. Just send me a message and I'll send them along if you like.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Here is an awesome article on using not only vinegar to clean but lots of other household items.

http://organizedhome.com/clean-house/pantry-recipes-homemade-cleaning-products

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Be careful with the word "natural". It is unregulated, and utterly meaningless.

This Is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2011