My brothers

Ok so they think it's ok to treat me like dirt right now cause mom's not around and they think I have no authority even though they live with me, I've tried grounding and taking away game priveledges and all that what to do?

ranthony7692

Asked by ranthony7692 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Take LOTS of their stuff away, clothes, cell phones, ipods, car keys. Leave them with the BARE minimum & tell them they have to earn their stuff back if they want it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree with samurai, get right to the heart of how kids operate, the keys, ipods, laptop, cellphone. Show them you mean business.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Luckily I'm too broke to afford that stuff for them or even me so the only thing they have to take away is game systems
    ranthony7692

Comment by ranthony7692 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• honey even ketchup and butter and salt are privledges they need to earn. take their pillows, fav clothes, etc. let them know that you have the power to make them misreble if they dont behave.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I was going to say something similar to what Amalia said. If you don't really have anything to take away, take away the most important thing.....food! Well not food itself, but the enjoyment of it. And take away their favorite drinks too. All they need is water. Everything else is a priviledge. Good luck!
    SheIsMySunrise

Answer by SheIsMySunrise at 11:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Take it all away until they learn who is the one in charge.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011