Has anyone relationship with your "significant other" change when you were pregnant or after baby?

EliannasMama

Asked by EliannasMama at 10:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• no. we're still crazy in love
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think anyone who says their relationship is NOT changed by pregnancy or after a baby is feeding you BS. You are putting someone's life before your own, that always changes things
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• bull to you!!!! i guess if you have a difficult baby then maybe but our daughter is amazing. she's 5 months old, sleeps 10 hours straight through the night (done that since she was a month old), and naps, NEVER cries. i've only heard her cry the moment she was born and thats it. she's got the most awesome and playful personality. she's the easiest baby in the world, we love being with her, playing with her. sorry but there is no stress and our relationship has not changed at all from having her, we still have great sex, still have quality time, still have fun together
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Thats great that your relationship hasnt changed. i wish I could say the same. My baby is also a very good baby, she sleeps all night and she hardly ever cries either. Shes amazing. I have been blessed. Shes not the problem though... ever since I got pregnant my husband has been distant with me, He started going out more and spending his time with his friends, and leaving me home alone. He wouldnt even touch me while i was pregnant because he said he didnt want to hurt the baby, which i understand but now that the baby is born he hasnt changed much, he spends more time out than at home. and we became very distant. We still love each other but were not really intimite with each other. He always says hes tired, Im tired too !!! but i still want to kiss and have sex or just spend time with each other.
    EliannasMama

Comment by EliannasMama (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Some yes, but you have to almost constantly continue communicating and working on your relationship. It is too easy for us to get over busy with the new baby and for my husband it was time to grow up which he has worked on. It takes time, patience, and understanding though.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I try to commnicate with him, but he seems more interested in everything but me and our baby. Hes constantly on his phone or fb or playing ps3, when he is home. And doesnt seem very interested in us. And when I do try and talk to him and tell him how i feel he gets mad. and thinks im trying to control him. I dont mind that he goes out and drinks, but i would like that he spent more time with us than with his friends. We have our good days and bad days, like every relationship. And Im trying my best to make things better, I hope things do get better for us for our childs sake.
    EliannasMama

Comment by EliannasMama (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yep, sounds just like my husband. Do you have anyone to watch the baby so that y'all can go out together sometimes? Even if you just go hang with him and his friends while they drink. My husband liked that. Maybe you could try doing a date night too. At the time my husband was acting like that we were also having trouble with money and I'm the one that pays the bills so his phone got cut off. But there are times still when I have to remind him that he has a family now, that he has to do stuff with us whether he wants to or not because he's a family man now. I know it's hard but just keep working on him, make him grow up, keep telling him that you want to be a part of his life and you want him to be a part of yours. Stay strong!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The only thing that has changed has been the sex. We're still very much in love and still very much attracted to each other but I just can't get in the mood most of the time. Best thing I can tell you, keep the passion alive and make sure you have time away from the kids just the 2 of you. See a movie and go out to dinner.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you do need time to spend with each other because babies take up most of your time but he could also take some roles in taking care of baby too and that will balance things out some.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011