Personal. . .constipated and in pain

ok. so for the last month ive been extremely constipated. Im over six months pregnant so i tried taking the over the counter medications allowed by my doctor. At first they worked fine. And now, a month later they still work but when i go to the bathroom i get a sharp shooting pain in my lower stomach that is so bad it keeps me from going to the bathroom. the medication even gives me diharreah but it still hurts to go when that happens. Sorry this is so detailed but i dont know what to do. im in so much pain. Am i overreacting? has this happened to any other pregnant women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Health

• you poor thing. i had severe constipation during and after my pregnancies. eventually, i got hemorrhoids, and that , for me, was more painful than labor itself. you need to change your diet. eat lots of prunes, and anything else with fiber. if you can't stand the taste of prunes, try prune juice, and dilute it with something else if you have to. you can get synthetic fiber, like fiber-one, and all are safe during pregnancy, but the natural remedies are the most effective. take a stool softener daily. that way, when you do go, it's easier. keep talking to the Dr. don't let him blow this off. it's extremely painful, and you shouldn't have to deal with it. good luck!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008