If you have High blood Pressure

If you have high blood pressure controlled through medication during your pregnancy, what are the odds that you develop pre clampsia? Has anyone else had exprience with this situation?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i had high bp with my first and wasnt even on medicine. is it pregnancy incuded high blood pressure, or had you been dealing with it before your pregnancy? mine was very, very high. the highest it got was 170/110, i was 9 days til my due date and that was the day they decided to induce. the labor/delivery went smoothly but it took weeks for my bp to go back to normal. i never developed pre-eclampsia though, because there are other factors aside from high bp. intense swelling and protein in the urine are symptoms of pre-eclampsia. while i did have swelling in my hands, face, feet and legs, i didn't have the protein. they just referred to it as "pregnancy induced hypertension". i think if you are on meds you're at a much better chance of not developing Pre-E. good luck to you!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I had high blood pressure and the doctor put me on Labetalol, but eventually my kidneys started to spill protein and I was diagnosed with Preeclampsia, and put on bed rest. The doctor was very worried that I would have to be c sectioned early but I went into labor on my own at 37 weeks, and THANK GOD, my son was and is VERY Healthy! Just make sure and do what ur doctor tells u! Everything will be ok!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2011