Tell me about a time you learned something new. (at work, home, etc)

thtqrljess07

Asked by thtqrljess07 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• This is going to sound dumb- but I clean an office on the weekend. In December I had to come in on a weekday since the office building would later be closed for Christmas break.

So I"m there cleaning off the owners desk and he tells me not to since he has a lot of stuff to do.
    Me: Umm okay, what do you want me to do.

He goes around the room showing me stuff he wants me to clean and then he points out the refrigerator. Now as stupid as it sounds I've never cleaned their refrigerator. But it was at the moment that I realized I'm the only one that ever cleans here. So if I don't clean it no one else is going to.

Now I have to keep a sharp eye out for things that might be dirty. There's no one else to pick up my slack.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011