Pregnancy Frustration!!

I just got back from my doctor's office and I'm disappointed. I am currently 40 weeks pregnant and have no dilation and am not effaced. This is my second child, so I would assume everything would go faster, but nope! Also, every single time the doctor checks me- I know she's not trying to hurt me, but holy crap- she does!! I always come out of her office crying because it hurts so bad when she's checking down there. I'm usually not a cry baby and take pain pretty well, but it's a pain I've never felt before... so bad that afterwards I can barely walk. Should I be worried?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• at my last checkup I noticed the same pain...it hurt for the rest of the day but I did call the doc office and the nurse seemed to think that was pretty normal..as for your waiting situation you can dialate and efface over night or be partialy dialated and effaced for weeks with no labor those are really the least accurate estimates of when labor will begin...I hope you go soon!! I am only 36 weeks and already ready to be done so I can only imagine how your feeling but take heart the due date is only an estamate maybe your doc was off by a week or two! good luck hun
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If she's hurting you to the point you're crying, I would have certainly said something. I never experienced THAT much pain. It hurt, but it was also a lot of pressure during exam. Maybe you can ask to be induced? I was induced w/ both my girls, and wouldn't have had it any other way, some mothers feel differently (= Just an option ... goodluck! i hope that bundle of joy decides to stop baking and pops out of the oven lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I know the pain you are talking about. My doctor never checked my dialation.. so I never knew untill I went in to be checked after having leaking amniotic fluid at 37 weeks and when the nurse ever stuck her hang up to check my dialation I THOUGHT i was going to die. It hurts so bad not only was in really uncomfortable but she broke my water.. so maybe it isn't such a bad thing haha good luck and congrats!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The thing is, that EVERY TIME she checks me, it hurts like crazy! I do let her know, but she has to do her job. And yes, I am ready to be done!! It's been a LONG 9 months, lol...

I did ask to be induced, but my doctor said we should wait on it- considering I haven't dilated at all yet. It makes sense, but it doesn't mean I have to like it :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I had the same thing happen to me when i was pregnant, And even when I wasnt. everytime i get checked down there it always hurts, to the point where I would tear up or even cry. But as for you being full term and still no baby just hang in there, try walking ALOT, having sex, and doing squats things like that, I did it that whole last week I was pregnant, I was determined to get my baby out and I actually went into labor and gave birth on my due date!! But good luck with everything, just hang in there.
    EliannasMama

Answer by EliannasMama at 11:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2011