Was Eve lured into sin by satan ?

Did Adam just not attend to her with protection from this occuring?
Did Eve get worn down?
Was the tree so attractive that satan was making fools out of both of them at the same time, so it went through Eve first to get her hubby to eat the fruit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was always taught that the separated for some reason and Eve was deceived by Satan and then gave the fruit to Adam. Adam chose to eat because he loved his wife and didn't want to live without her.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I was not there but that is what I heard.

It is all about temptation. " Just because you can it does not mean you should"

Wrong is still wrong, you should know the difference.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• it is the last one that happened.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't believe any of it literally happened. I believe its a narrative intended to explain to us the way things are, and therefore was constructed to fit that explanation. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Call me a smartass, but Eve was set up. If God created the Garden and everything in it, then he created Eve, the tree, the fruit and the serpent. For what? The whoel purpose was to put something untouchable in the prescence of someone who would have the innocence and curiosity of a small child.

As someone who's not a Christian anymore, it seems like a great myth to explain why women are to blame to all of mankind's problems. (Just another retelling of Pandora's Box.)

It was one of *many* of the emotional and religious conflicts I felt with Christianity that my pastor could not help me resolve when I left. And believe me, I spent HOURS in his office debating theology on a college level at age 10-11 before I decided I just couldn't continue.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• "Call me a smartass, but Eve was set up. If God created the Garden and everything in it, then he created Eve, the tree, the fruit and the serpent. For what? The whoel purpose was to put something untouchable in the prescence of someone who would have the innocence and curiosity of a small child. it seems like a great myth to explain why women are to blame to all of mankind's problems. (Just another retelling of Pandora's Box.)"

I agree with this 100% this is exactly how I feel too.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Eve Was Framed Sweatshirt Framed Card by daughteroftheearth

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm pretty liberal on this, but I think Eve knew what she was doing when she ate the fruit. The idea that she was tricked into taking it seems to stem from one word found in the account: beguiled (or deceived, depending on which bible you're using) in Genesis 3:13. The fact of the matter is that this translation is merely a guess from the ancient Hebrew, as the meaning of the word has been lost for millenia. The word doesn't even translate into modern Hebrew, none the less English. It seems to me that beguiled was used to reflect the attitudes toward women at the time - that they were weak, sinful, etc. Eve was innocent, yes, but she wasn't an idiot. She saw what Adam, with his black-and-white thought process, could not. That she must partake in order to further the cause of God. Satan was the on who was beguiled here. His attempts to destroy God's plan actually helped further it.
    Just my 2 cents. :)
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• the whole story is off. God punished Eve (& Adam) b/c they ate from the tree even tho they were told not to...only problem is they didnt know the difference btw good & evil until AFTER they ate from the tree of...Knowledge of Good & Evil. its like punishing an infant for something after you told them once not to do it. doesnt sound like a just God to me, which is one of many reasons i think its an allegory.

1. what was Adam suppose to do? follow her around all day to protect her from an evil they didnt know existed?
    2. worn down by what? the serpent said "you wont die, eat it and be like God" and Eve said "okay"...if we read the story literally.
    3. arent we always attracted to the things we are told we cant have haha. if God knows all & the story was part of his plan, then the serpent wouldve been able to trick either of them...those who wrote the story down had the women be at fault for obvious reasons.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Considering that Eve is just another allegorical creation myth borrowed from earlier sources (I won't say pagan, even tho it was, because some of the god-slaves get a little pissy about that), who cares?? She never existed. Adam never existed. The snake may have, but it probably couldn't have cared less what humans did as long as they weren't coming at it with a ax. God could have done the sensible thing and not put the damned trees in the garden in the first place. But then non-existent creatures are seldom sensible.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011