Do your kids always say I forgot?

to pick up the clothes in the bath room, clean off the table, wipe there spot, well guess what I am not the maid!!!!

Today I am stopping at the dollar store and picking up poster boards.....

Yes, I am and I explained to my kids until you remember then guess what this will be all over my house*- in big bold black letters REMINDERS.

They only forget at mommys house.....
MORNING:
MAKE YOUR BED AND DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE CLOTHES IN THE LAUNDRY.....WHEN YOU ARE DONE PLAYING WITH YOUR TOYS PUT THEM AWAY....
In capital letters- DID ANYONE EVER DO IT.... AND IF FRIENDS ARE OVER THEY MUST FOLLOW MY HOUSE RULES OR GET OUT. lololol :) NOT IN A MEAN WAY... THE KIDS ARE LOOKING AT ME LIKE mommy is serious..... Yes, I am....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• OMG!! yes especially my 13yr old!!! She is constantly saying I FORGOT! and I get OMG alot from her!!! The 8yr. old isnt as bad yet.
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• OH YES! That's my stepson's favorite phrase! Lol!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• FUNNY, 13 must be the magical age, my stepson is 13, LOL!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Thing is though I think they really do forget, because they live in there own world and blank out so much!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My kids forget with me but not with daddy...

LOL< :) I am sure sometimes they do forget but by 13 they should be in the habit of alot of things, they have been going to school for 8/9 years now.....
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Some of the common phrases in the child's guide to speaking to parents: #1.) Not me #2) I forgot #3) I dont know!!! AGH!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Maybe dad doesn't nag about it. I have found that the less I nag the more he remembers. Just a thought.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My kids "forget" all of the time! I made a chore chart so all they have to remember to do is look at the chart :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011