Are brothers really involved in sisters lives

I am not really close to mine and we just see each other at family gathering. We dont live that far apart either and was not sure if this normal relationship for brothers and sisters. I was just wondering how invovled is ones brother is thier life?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I left my mom's house when I was 19, my brother followed mt to the states to make sure I was ok. They don't really get involved in my life, but they used to when I was younger.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 11:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My DH is not as close to his sisters as they are to each other. Part of it is distance. Another part is that they are very different people.

We met a couple this summer while traveling. Turns out that they were brother and sister and do tons of traveling together. I think relationships have to do with who those involved are as much as, if not more than gender.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm sure it's normal. My brother & I live together (i'm 21, and hes....well...12 LOL) I love my brother, to DEATH, and sometimes i have to actually make up lies for him just to hang out with his older sis....one time i told him this girl said she was going to beat me up, so he needed to come w/ me to walmart.....i just wanted to hang out w/ my lil bro lol =( (he wouldnt have came if i didnt make up something) and i'm starting to play the xbox ...... well more like watching him play. Maybe you can trvasking him to hang out or do lunch/dinner ?? or just simply hangout.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My brother and I aren't on speaking terms right now, and we've never been close. It makes me sad when I see how close other women are to their brothers :(
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Depends on the relationship I think...dont have any brothers myself but my mom has 3... 1 she talks to about every few days the other 2 she could go for months with out talking to them....
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have never been close to any of my brothers, are relationships were horrible when I was living with them at my moms. Now when I go to visit we just say hi and bye. And my other brothers have grown and made their families so they dont even bother. I would like to be more involved with them but It just doesnt seem to happen, So i kinda stopped trying.
    EliannasMama

Answer by EliannasMama at 11:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My brothers (I have two) and I don't see each other often - we talk on the phone occasionally but it's not a weekly thing. I know that if I ever needed something they would help me, and they know I would help them as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My husband is extremely close with his sister. They talk all the time. We only get to see her a couple of times a year though since she lives in Argentina and we live in Miami.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Depends on their childhood environment and how close they were then at times they remain close and at times not. Only time will tell how close they stay in contact as adults. This could also apply to sister to sister.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I was (and am not) close to my brothers at all. There is a 10 & 7 year age difference between us. I got along better with my oldest brother, but still none of us are close at all. My brothers aren't even close to each other, even though they are closer in age. And I no longer speak to any member of my family (parents included).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2011