Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


What can I go to online to get an estimate (for free) of what my tax refund will be? I have my W-2's and would like to just see how much I can expect.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • Turbo tax, and if you don't itemize they are free to file.
    Taxact is free to file even if you itemize.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • turbotax! they give you an estimate...or you can actually file online for free (federal only btw) i did mine yesterday and didnt pay a penny! gl! (=

    Answer by knicole0708 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • I've used TurboTax before, it's really quick and you don't have to pay anything until (if) you file with them.

    Answer by Scuba at 11:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • You can file for free thru the H&R Block website.  That's what I've done this year.


    Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • Agreed. TurboTax is free.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • I just used the tax calculator on the H&R Block's website. It just took a few minutes to calculate everything and told me how much I should be getting back.

    Answer by Snewo at 11:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • We also use turbotax to estimate our tax liability. Here's a direct link:

    So far it's been very accurate.

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.