I am a SAHM of two boys. I need a hobby can ne give ne ideas on a cheap craft or something to fiddle with?

prettylady81

Asked by prettylady81 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• What is SAHM?
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I write, read, scrapbook and sew....sewing doesn't have to be expensive, although if you don't have a machine the initial costs can be a little high. Scrapbooking is great because you can do what you want to one page at a time, and put the album together later. It also helps keep all of those keepsakes and photos organized.

Believe it or not, in the beginning I really considered (and sometimes still do) cooking a hobby. I love looking for new recipes to try, and it makes my family happy...Plus, I have to cook anyway, might as well enjoy it. What about gardening??
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Kimmimale : What is SAHM? (I had to figure it out) Stay At Home Mom

Crocheting I love to crochet and sew. I also love to cook and bake.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 11:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Depending on the ages of your boys, fabric paints are realatively cheap. You can paint T-shirts for them, paint canvas bags for yourself, paint plain backpacks for them, make window-clings, all kinds of things. Take a page from a coloring book, put it in a sheet protector, paint on the protector, let it dry a little while, then use a knife to get it off and stick on a window. You night have to spray a little WD-40 on the knife to get it off without disfiguring it. Fun to do. Maybe the boys can help.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Look online for things to crochet for them (toys, clothes). You can download a lot of things for free. I love to crochet, too. And, you can put it up out of their reach when not working. I made a ton of crochet toys for my kids and grandkids.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:50 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• @ Kimimale SAHM means Stay at home mom

i scrapbook it can be expensive depending on what you buy but worth it i love it
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 1:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I do all kinds of stuff to keep me busy. I do card making, Scrap booking , Make Vinyls,Glass Etching,I have a cricut so I can do all that on there. I do sewing, Candle making9which is EXTREMELY fun,Soap making, Candy and chocolate making, I taught my self to do almost everything since I'm a SAHM and never feel we have the money for me to do classes....I usually get my supplies from hobby lobby because they have GREAT sales anywhere from 30-70% off on a daily basis
    Armywife529

Answer by Armywife529 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You can make scrapbooks for each boy. Scrapbooks can be every inexpensive to very expensive! There are tons of embelishments that you can purchase or make. Ebay sells lots of things too. It can be overwhelming to do "everything" in a scrapbook so you could simply make a scrapbook of every Christmas or every Birthday or each school year. What a great gift for each child to take with them into their adult lives!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• u can paint models of charectors, or make jewlery out of beads etc.
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 10:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011