Have you ever reported anyone to CPS and had anything come from it?

Like, anything done for the kids?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I am a mandatory reporter and have only had to report one family in 20 years. The family moved before the investigation could start, we were the 3rd day care to report these parents for neglect and they kept moving before anything could be done. I am not sure what happened to them, I hope they either changed their ways or were finally investigated.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• many times...since I was a social worker... a few were taken from the home but many the families got the help that they needed! may\ny people dont know that there is a prevention part of CPS that helps families work through problems that they have... I have had a family tell me thank you for doing thkis for them...then I KNEW it was the right move although that is very rare

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Once, my MIL... they went to her house but nothing was done.

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Never. But i don't get to see the follow up, just bnothing that I know of,

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• never have

Answer by kim0167 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No. There was a time when I wish I had, but there's not much to be done now.

Answer by myree85 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011