How many cafe moms delivered on a full moon... or did not?

B stotka, asked an interesting question about whether cms believe in a full moon causing more baby deliveries.

This piqued my curiosity and I thought it would be fun to find out how many moms here had babies on full moons and how many did not just for fun.

Remember, you had to go into natural delivery (contractions or water break) on the full moons for it to count as a full moon baby. No inductions or scheduled c-section, since that would not be the dr...not the moon! You can look up the full moons for any year here: Full Moons In Any Year

I was induced with both of my children, so I am in the no category for 2!

Please play along, and bump so we can gather more numbers to have a good comparison.

And, did you know hospitals schedule more staff on full moons than other nights?

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 11:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My 2nd child was born on a full moon.  Right before the full moon my midwife told me that some women have been known to go into labor on a full moon.  I didn't pay any attention, old wives tale but sure enough it was the day I hit 37 weeks and labor began. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• only one of mine was born on a full moon night, december 12th, 2008. but i was induced so it doesnt count :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My second child born this past September was a full moon baby.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I did. Twice.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2011