• In the Spotlight:

Is drinking slim fast shake bad when 16 w pregnant?

Im not drinking them to get skinny and loose weight just drinking them because they taste good is this bad for me and the baby should i stop drinking them???

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 11:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• YES!
    Try Ensure instead

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Why would it be? I used to drink tne all the time. I had a healthy beautiful baby girl.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 11:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, you and your baby need all the nutrient you can get and drinking a WEIGHT LOSS shake is NOT the way to go.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's not the best idea.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Not the best idea.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• As long as you're eating other foods, it should be OK. All slim fast is, is a low calorie meal replacement. It may make you feel full longer (not that long if you ask me) It has a ton of vitamins in it. Just make sure you're eating right foods along with it & you'll be fine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Ask the Doctor. I would say no to either. Just snack on healthy foods. Eat several small meals and snacks a day. Don't skip meals for the drinks.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Don't know for sure, like butterflyblue19 said try Ensure, they probably taste the same
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• it can cause diarrhea BTW

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• This site says it's OK as long as you're not usung them to diet. My grandma used to drink them too because she liked the taste, not because she was dieting.

http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-drink-diet-shakes-during-pregnancy_1245309.bc

Sorry, full editor is being a bitch today & won't make my links clickable....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011