teen girls

how do you get your teen daughter out of bed? I tell my daughter its time to get up and she refuses to move.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• loud music blaring in her room

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well if she's staying up late, then I would take whatever she does during that time. I know my parent's always took my T.V. when I was grounded. It always worked for me though.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My mom always came in with a small pitcher of ice water and dribbled it on my head until I got up. It never took very long.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• LOL- misses nick- I was thinking a spray bottle of water like you use to keep pets off the furniture! -If it's constant, then take away or shut off all electronics by a certain time so there is no temptation of staying up too late & being too tired the next day.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If I didnt wake up and there is nothing keeping me up at night, my mom would take something away, Usually make up
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i had a hard time with my daughter to . I started sending her to bed like a half hour early and that still didnt work so finally i got a cup of cold water and dumped it on her then she had to wash her own blanket and what not off her bed herself needless to say after one week she started to get up with the alarm clock and stopped using the snooze button.
    melissaJ81

Answer by melissaJ81 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have 3 boys....and had this problem with all of them. I made the consequences if they didn't get up on time in the morning, they didn't get to go places they wanted to go.....frequently I would be 20-30 minutes late in getting them places where they were meeting friends, etc.

I also agree if they are up late texting on their cell phone take the phone at night (you can get a log of text messages and calls from your phone company, look for messages being sent during class times as well). I also didn't allow them to have a computer in their room, it was in my bedroom (so homework had to be done before I went to bed) then we put them in my sewing room/office, and that door had a key lock on it so that it couldn't be used after bedtime.

It may seem extreme, but if they don't follow through with their responsibilities, then they don't get the privileges.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• mine are still little, but my mom used to have problems with me getting out of bed. just the light from the hallway screaming from under my door would piss me off. then her chipper voice in the morning, calling me to get out of bed, ugh it used to annoy me sooo bad!!! lol im not a morning person by any means. usually just her opening my door and the light flooding in would get me up, or her ripping my blankets off me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Do like some parents on AFV- put on the Jason mask & fire up the chain saw! (just hope you have plastic sheets covering the mattress! -lol)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Dump a bucket of cold water on her.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011