Preschool

Did you send your child(ren) to preschool? My 4 yr old will miss the cut off date for school this fall by a few weeks and I'm debating on putting her in preschool. Andy advice?

dominique1108

Asked by dominique1108 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes, my 4 year old attends pre-k right now and when we move she'll be going to a pre-school part time up until she is able to start kindergarten in fall of 2012. her birthday is in october and around here the child has to be 5 on or before september 1st of the school year, so unfortunately she has to wait til next year also. but pre-school is great for my child and works for us, she's very active and high-energy, she needs stimulation and socialization. she always has so much fun at school, her teachers tell me all about it! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My son no and he is now in kindergarten and doing fine. I homeschooled him and had him involved in many play dates and classes at the YMCA. Because I am going to be going to school full time when my daughter is old enough next year she will be going to preschool.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yup, she went for 2 years..started when she was 3. I personally put her in preschool soley for the socialization!! i dont have many friends, and the ones i do have, dont have kids..so..my daughter literally had no kids to ever play with..aside from when we went to the park..or swimming lessons, dance, etc...so i figured preschool was a must for her! and it was..she loooooved it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I did send my older son to preschool. His birthday was the day before the cut off. He went for a year and then started kindergarten. He loved preschool. I will do the same with my younger son. His birthday is late in the year too.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011