What are some easy to make, toddler-friendly foods?

My son is not a big fan of meat and of course, my hubby is a meat and potatoes man. What are some easy meal ideas you make for your kids that aren't just hot dogs and macaroni. I only like to serve that occasionally.

maxsmom327

Asked by maxsmom327 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I found my DD who is 17 months really LOVES sausage gravy and sausage links ! She will also eat meatloaf when I put cheese in it !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Try baked chicken nuggets with cheese in them or fish sticks. Those are good options I used with my son before he stopped eating altogether.
    jazztastic

Answer by jazztastic at 10:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son is not into meat all that well either. I have started making alot of beans, steamed carrots, summer veggies, It is way too easy to feed our babies these finger foods that the store offers already prepared. I started reading the labels and it is terrible what is in them. The fresher the better, just remember it can take up to ten tries before your child will start to enjoy a new food.
    TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 11:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• applesauce, yogurt, fruit cups, mashed potatoes, steamed vegies,
    maryztutti

Answer by maryztutti at 11:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have these mini cookies cutter from Pampered Chef, all different shapes and if I cut my daughter's food, sandwiches, Sloppy Joes, Cheese, Meat, Fruit you name it into shapes she will eat almost anything. Heart Shaped Sloppy Joes are the cutest things !
    cbsmom1306

Answer by cbsmom1306 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Does he like to dip things yet? Maybe if you make steak (or whatever) - let him dip it in ketchup.
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I use kid-friendly pasta and add cream of chicken soup and peas and sometime diced chicken. I also make ravioli. Oh and take 2 tortilla shells and melt cheese in the middle. Cut in to triangle or strips. Also the dipping idea works great. It is messy but they love it.
    tiggermom516

Answer by tiggermom516 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter eats everything that me and her dad eats but even though you only make pasta every now and then little people love mac and cheese and the small meatballs.
    AaliyahsMama163

Answer by AaliyahsMama163 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you can never go wrong with scrambled eggs! easy for you and fun for them. And you can toss a bunch of different things in (cheese, veggies, chicken, etc.) to keep it interesting.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Children should be exposed to and made to consume different foods at an early age. A family's diet should not be governed by a child. If you cater to them now, they'll become a picky eater and you will find yourself catering to them for a long time to come.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2008