I invited both families....mistake =(

My dd's bday is on the 29th, i'm having it at Chuck E Cheese, but stupid me, invited both familes. BD & I are on HORRIBLE terms!!! & our families have NEVER met, except his mom has met my mom & aunt. They don't get along because of what happened during our relationship. It's not like I can uninvite them now...how do I keep the peace if something happens. And I don't want my mom to feel left out if his mom pays more attention to my dd. I'm freakin' out! I wish I would have did them seperately =( yikes!!!! HELP!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• And I am the oposite.  I would NOT try to be polite and move my family to another time.  I would do it all at once and whoever gave crap would be told to leave.  It is about your daughter, not them. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think it might be wise to just give a toast at the beginning - everyone raise their paper cup of fruitpunch - and thank everyone for being there to celebrate your daughter's big day, thank them for putting aside personal feelings and putting your daughter's happiness first!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well, are they adults or children themselves?  I would think they'd be able to put their negative crap to the side long enough for your dd to have a good birthday.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If you don't think they will get along, ask your mom if she would be more comfortable if you did a separate celebration, then go ahead and move your family to another time.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Just tell them when they all get their, everyone here is here for the same little girl that they love and they can put all their negativity away for the next 2 hours(or however long the party is) and if they can't do that then they can leave. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You're in a public location, so keep a smile on your face for your daughter's sake.

What about getting there ahead of time and putting up name cards where you'd like people to sit?

Good Luck!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If someone says anything rude or you start feeling tension in conversation I would say "excuse me, respect my daughter, this is her birthday and it will not be ruined".

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i would let them know upfront. if anyone for any reason starts a conflict. they will be asked to leave. that is including bad mouthing anyone. i had to do this at my dd's 2nd b day party. my dad and his new wife were there and my mom and her new husband were there. and we told both of them that is they started any crap with one another they would be asked to leave. they understood and respected it. parts were kind of awkward but the party went well..
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• They are adults....you would think, but I beg to differ LOL!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm not moving my family to a different time, if anything I would move THEM to a different time lol. But I'm just going to do it all together, I just don't want anything started, and if it does, what should I do? For gods sake, its at CHUCK E CHEESE lol. I'm so nervous, but i'm so excited! i dont even want to see my ex there, but he is there father lol
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011