This woman is my new hero

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110118/ap_on_hi_te/us_fea_parenting_teens_unplugged

NEW YORK – Susan Maushart lived out every parent's fantasy: She unplugged her teenagers.

For six months, she took away the Internet, TV, iPods, cell phones and video games. The eerie glow of screens stopped lighting up the family room. Electronic devices no longer chirped through the night like "evil crickets." And she stopped carrying her iPhone into the bathroom.

The result of what she grandly calls "The Experiment" was more OMG than LOL — and nothing less than an immersion in RL (real life).

As Maushart explains in a book released in the U.S. this week called "The Winter of Our Disconnect" (Penguin, $16.95), she and her kids rediscovered small pleasures — like board games, books, lazy Sundays, old photos, family meals and listening to music together instead of everyone plugging into their own iPods.
(see article for more)

Dalimonster

Asked by Dalimonster at 12:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Technology

• Nice! If I could get my husband to go along with this, I would totally do it!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Wait- do the parents have to do it too? What about Cafe Mom?! - NOOOOOOOO - I wont do it! - LOL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011