How do I get a step-mother off my back and stop trying to fix me up?

My step-mom will not stop trying to fix me up with this one guy she and her girlfriends know. The second time she's mentioned him I finally was able to tell her that I started dating someone and still she asks if I'll go out with this guy. In fact, she asked me out for him. I feel like I'm in high school. It's ridiculous. So I told her about the guy I'm dating and she said well maybe he (the guy I'm dating) and I could just be friends. Since guys and girls can be friends. In other words I can be friends with the guy I'm dating so it makes me free to date the guy she wants me to go out with. Any advice? I am at the end of my rope to where I don't even want to talk to her.

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm guessing you've straight out told her you do not want to date this guy? If not, do that and tell her you'd appreciate it if she'd back off a little bit when it comes to your love life. You're a grown up and can handle things yourself.

But be nice to her, she probably doesn't realize that she's being too pushy. She's just wanting you to be happy. Who knows, you may end up with the guy she wants for you after all.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008