Does your pre-teen and/or teen do this?

My daughter got an ipod for Christmas and it has changed her into a singing kiddo. I love it (cuz I've always known that she's had a good voice and have tried to encourage her to sing) but she never has except at concerts etc. When I'm w/her friends and her they are always singing so it's great. I caught her last night doing her Math and listening to the radio. We talked about it and I told her I didn't think it was a good idea that how can she concentrate and she said she could. I told her if she messes up on her homework grades it will have to stop. I never did that when I was growing up but know of all kinds of kids that have/did. I needed it quiet to study. I know we are all different though. What are your views on it? She has made a list of songs she wants to buy (she's bought 5 so far for her ipod) We told her if we find out they are inappropriate she won't be able to get them. How can I listen to them to view their content? Do you know of a free way? To download them to her Ipod they cost 1.29 a piece.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can hear a sample on iTunes BEFORE you actually purchase. Those with explicit lyrics are also labeled as such.
    Anonymous

• I used to have to have the radio on when I was a teenager- & I did pretty good in school. Now that I'm older, I need silence. A lot of kids seem to do better & concentrate bettter when they have music on. It's just the way their brains work. (As to the lyrics, try google or see if there is a parental advisory on the CD covers)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• try Pandora or Last.fm to listen to the song in its entirety.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• look up the songs on youtube. or google the lyrics.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 1:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011