How long have you abstained from sex? adult content

I have been celibate for almost 6 years now! At first I was just not dating and not being sexually active to heal from heartbreak, but now I just don't seem to care anymore! Is something wrong with me?

2boyz2pray4

Asked by 2boyz2pray4 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I've never really kept track of how long I went without in between lovers to be honest.

No there is nothing wrong with you.. Here's a little secret (lol) about female sexual response/sexual desire. The way we are put together physically, and chemically/hormonally in regards to sex. We really are "Use it or lose it" creatures. The chemical/hormonal releases (even those found in semen affect our sexual desire/our moods in regards to sex) during sex, actually make us want to have more sex When we go for long periods without having those releases, we do lose the desire to have sex. Nothing is stimulating us (chemically/hormonally) into wanting to have sex. So, since you have gone so long without having sex, then you are not going to really desire it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Honey, if there is, it's wrong with me too. I'm at 5 years here.

With 2 tweens, my grandmother to take care of, HER house to take care of, a job, and trying to maintain some friendships and my own health... I don't have the time and energy to deal with a relationship too! And I've never been one to have one-night stands, so picking up a guy for sex is not in the cards either. To be honest, I don't miss it much, except that one week right before my period when Mother Nature makes Her last ditch effort at making me get knocked up again.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Going on 5 yrs. now. I am too busy being a mom right now and after what I went through in my marriage I am waiting until I meet someone who I feel I can trust and who will love & respecy me for who I am.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 12:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No this is completely normal , women for some reason after not being sexually active for a long period of time , tend to lose the desire to have it at all. Youre not alone! alot of women have experienced this that i know of. You just need to meet that special someone again,. take it slow and things will fall into place . Be patient , as soon as you become active again things will change , maybe not at first , but it will get better eventually . Good Luck!
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• nearly year. it sucked at first but when i left my exh i didnt want anything to do with guys. and refused to just go have sex. so i focused on work and my kids. about a year into holding back i met my s/o i waited a little while before i did the deed. i am the type of person that if i dont get it for a while it doesnt bother me...but if i am being active then i am active alot. (with the same partner only of course.)
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Celibate means without a partner right? I understand not having sex with another person for all of the reasons people have listed, but please tell me that you're at least taking care of business yourself!!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• nothing is wrong with you. it is normal. I went almost 10 years without sex after my divorce from my ex. I was also hurt and heartbroken but you will heal. things are going to get back to normal and you will meet someone right for you and things will fall back into place.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I can't remember either but good for your. You will meet someone one day & enjoy sex again. When it happens it will happen.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no your not you are scared of getting heart you have take it one at a time
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011