What makes a person a redneck?

I just moved to the midwest. Does that automatically make me one now? What mannerisms should I adopt?

Ilovepie77

Asked by Ilovepie77 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Well..by having to ask this question you definatly don't fit in.
    Anonymous

• Calling someone a Redneck is the same as calling someone a niger
    Anonymous

• Oh my God with all due respect...why wouldn't you want to be who you just are.'
    I lived in Kansas..for 2 1/2 years...Lord help me..I did not want to be anything than what I was a Jersey girl with an attitude. Just because you move does not mean you have to be someone else.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Be your self. Don't change for anyone.. I am from the Pacific North West (Washington State), and now live in Oklahoma. I still say I am a north west  person

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I am from Arkansas and proud of it!! I love to go hunting, mudding, fishing , camping all kinds of things but I still have a frilly side! I have a bad southern draw and my family tells me im a redneck.... and to the anonymous above me that statement is very offensive to me!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think everyone missed the fact that this was Just for fun, We must we always take things so seriously.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 3:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• No dear. It's not automatic just because of geography. Have you started chewing yet? Does your idea of "dressing up" include worn out wranglers and boots? Have you given up on perfume yet because it doesn't do any good when everyone around you smells of manure? Better yet, do you find it acceptable to go out to dinner when YOU smell like manure?
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 3:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• KLBROWN,,, your funny I like you.

Answer by louise2 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Thanks louise2! I'm from rural northern MI, but I lived in redneck-ville MO for a few years, traveling the rodeo circuit w/ my bronc rider husband. Yep, we're redneck!
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 3:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Do you have 4 cars, none of which are running, sitting on cylinder blocks in your front yard?
    Anonymous