4 yr old son afraid of his bio dad

My four year old son is deathly afraid of his bio dad. My son has had numerous behavioral problems take place in the morning before he leaves to see his dad. He screams, cries, yells, to the point where he vomits. It ends up taking three people to get my son dressed. When my son comes home from his visit he comes back angry he tells us he doesn't love us and that we are not his real family. He says that Paul (his real dad) is going to shoot us. He tries stabbing us with forks and knives when he comes back from visitation. He comes back wet and hungry. He also has nightmares and wakes up screaming don't take me to see Paul. He also is afraid to leave the house to run errands.

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 12:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ok. Something is very wrong. I'd take the kid to a psychologist and, if at all possible, not take him to Paul's anymore. I'd seek supervised visitation, at most. Sorry to say this, but it seems to me your kid might be being abused at his bio dad's house. (maybe not by the father, although in this day and age, who knows??)
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 1:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have scheduled a psychiatrist appointment for Monday. There is a court order stating that he has to go with him on tuesdays but I am headed to the court house to see if I can get supervised or to seize his visitation until I meet with the psychiatrist and lawyer. I think something is definatly going on as well to. I think it is his dad doing this because he is clearly afraid of his dad. I cannot even communicate with Paul in a nice way because he verbally abuses me and swears. Not only to me but to my husband and to my mother and father.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would not allow my child to go over there if that's how he comes home every time. He may be getting abused over there. Keep your child from his so called father till you can go to court to get supervised visits. That behavior is not normal at all. Why would you force your child to go with someone he's deathly afraid of? Are you trying to damage him?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You need to call cps IMEDIANTLY! I am a little upset that you would even allow your child to go over there after such a situation. 4 year olds don’t make things like that up!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Mommy of two right now until my son sees the shrink and until I get a lawyer I have no choice because there is a parenting plan in effect. If I go against the parenting plan I can lose my son. The judge has threatened me to already but me in jail if I didn't follow the parenting plan.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would not be taking him there and you should be talking to the Dad to find out why! _ CHILD ABUSE!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Has anyone actually read my messages? There is a court order saying he has to go with him and if I refuse I will go to jail and be in contempt and then my son will be given to him.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• CALL YOUR LAWYER THAN! CALL CPS RIGHT NOW AND HAVE THEM EVALUATE YOUR CHILD FOR ABUSE! In just one interview alone with your child CPS can grant you permission to stop the visitations if they feel there may be abuse, until an investigation is complete.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Video record your son acting like that and show the court!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• There are to many ways that you can do something about this! Be a parent and stop making excuses and help your child!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011