How to handle a letter regarding drugs in my teenage daughters bedroom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Ask her straight out about it and ASAP.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You're writing to her? I'm not sure what you mean, did she write you the letter?
    Anonymous

• Talk to her about it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• need more details. Was it to your daughter or from your daughter? Was it an offer, or discussion about actually doing them?
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes what the 1st reply says. IMMEDITATELY, but nice and calm if possible. Be firm. Keep checking often.
    Anonymous

• A letter sent to her? do you know the sender? I know my mother would've confronted me right away asking me what that was about.

Kids nowadays are always going about privacy, etc. I wouldn't let her off the hook for a privacy issue. It's your house. Her room is in your house, therefore is yours and you have the right to go in it. How old is she?
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 1:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would also speak to the school counselor about intervention programs.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• First, stay calm and get as much info as you can. Then if you discover she has been doing them, don't freak out. It happens to alot of people and there is alot of info out there to help you and her get through it. If she is doing them, you must make sure you take up all of her time you possibly can with other things. Chores, reading, writing, playing games, anything that will occupy her mind constructively.You must keep her away from the other people involved, at all cost. You will need to have many conversations with her about this, so you need to remain calm so she stays open to the discussions.

darter

Answer by darter at 1:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Talk to her ASAP before it gets worse!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Just don't assume she's guilty though. I will never forget when I was in jr high a girl at my school was turned in for having weed on her. Her locker was next to mine, and I was super naive and had never even heard of weed before. She cried to me and asked if I would hide it in my back pack for her and I felt bad so I did. When I got home it was still there and my mom found it but wouldn't believe me when I said I didn't know what it was and told her the story.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011