Are you a foster parent?

I have been thinking about being a foster parent. I would love to have kids from newborn to 5 since that is all I have experience with. What are the requirements and how do you get into it? Got any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• yeah! good for you! all you need is a stable environment and some classes (they very from state to state) each child will need their own bed, and ample space. good luck to you. foster parents are the best! call your local department of children services and start the paperwork. it's easier than most people think. (((((hugs to you)))))
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• there is a group called Foster to Adopt or something like that....I go to it all the time, I just recognize the name and don't really pay attention to it so sorry I dont' know exactly what it is. You can get LOTS of information there. We have almost finished our classes now and are looking forward to adopting from the foster system. Good luck. Just to let you know, the foster system is not a flower garden...of course you love the kids, but you really need to consider how you think you will work with the parents who put them in harms way or whatever...that is the biggest struggle for me. The classes have really helped me process those feelings and helped me see things differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2008