potty training my 3 year old..

I bought him hsi favorite character underwear.. I have also told him if he goess pee pee and pooh on the potty he can play games on daddy xbox.. HE got so excited he runs to seat on the potty and I am hoping he will start going.. Anyother ideas to help potty training? I am not using pull ups cause they feel like a diaper so he is wearing underwear and i don't want him to get confused..

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 1:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ALWAYS TALK TO HIM AND REMIND HIM THAT SOON HE WILL BE ASSISTING TO A PREESCHOOL AND HE WILL HAVE FUN VISITING THE BATH ROOM. MAKE HIM TALK IF HE DID OK.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• We started training by putting him on the potty regularly (every 45 minutes or so). If he went, we celebrated. If he didn't, we waited and tried again in 10 minutes then every 10 minutes until he either peed or had an accident. After about 48 hrs, he had the idea. As he got better, we expanded how frequently we took him. In our case, it took a while before he would go totally on his own. I agree with avoiding pullups but I did use them when we went out to places where a bathroom might not be readily available. Others will argue against it but it avoided a lot of stress as far as I was concerned.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• give him a toy to play with on the potty and try to take him like every 15 to 30 mins.. it will work for you i'm sure... but also it's when he is ready.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Give him some kind of reward for when he uses the potty
    tinkermom7

Answer by tinkermom7 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2011