Question with baby weight???

There is a question on CM right now how much did your first child weigh at birth and I was going to put down 3 pounds and 17.? ounces but then I was like well that don't make sense as there is 16 ounces in a pound or is weight like that done differently??

And please don't judge me to much for not remembering the total birth weight of my child she was six weeks early,I had bad case pf preeclampsia and they had me on different stuff and I was totally out of it the whole time and I can not remember much a couple months after she was home cause I waas having other problems to.Anyhew......maybe that is not an excuse for not remembering

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 1:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had my daughter at 33 weeks due to severe pre-e, and the mag sulfate they gave me wiped out a lot of my memories of the day. She weighed 2 lbs 15 oz (yes, there's only 16 in a pound), and my OB said low birth weight is not uncommon with the condition since the placenta is constricted.

If you really want to know, just find your child's birth certificate or hospital records.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• so your baby weighed 4 lbs 1 ounce? why would ppl bash or judge. when i was a baby it was done in grams
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• @ anng.atlanta Thanks,don't know why I did not think of that.
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Oh and at momofone725 I just thought people would be like why doesn't this woman remember her daughters weight,what a bad Mom. :) I feel kinda' bad myself that I don't remember specifically her weight or exactly what time she was born but I'm going to do as anng.atlanta suggested.
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• mine was 7 lbs 8 ounces and some fraction of an ounce that i don't remember which is on her birth certificate. no you're not a bad mom for not remembering
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My first was 7lbs 5oz2 weeks early my second was 6lbs 9oz and a month early
    You are not a bad mom for not remembering.. that's why there are baby books!!! Because we don't remember that stuff so we write it down to look back on!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The hospital should have a record as the pp said. Also, her pediatrician probably has a record of it too, because they normally track their gains in weight, height, and head circumference starting at birth. They could probably give you a list of her weight and height at each age. Our pediatrician writes it down for us each time. I never remember anything if it's not written down. lol
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011