What brand sippy cup do you recommend?

We have tried for about 2 months to get her a sippy cup she likes. We have tried the Avent and the Playtex soft spout styles. We gave her each of them multiple times thinking she would adjust, but she hasn't to either. What do you find your LOs take best to?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i to am a fan of the gerber ones. and i dont know what brand they are but you can find them at wal mart and they are leak free but they are tossible my son loved those. i think they are called take along or something like that. they come in many colors and usualy a set of 6 for like 3bucks. you can wash and reuse them.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I am a big fan of Gerber! They never leak (seriously!) and both my girls loved them. I never tried a soft spout with my 19 month old, becasue she would only chew on it. Also, have you tried the straw cups-they make small ones with handles. We a re a fan of those as well. Good luck!

mommyx2grls

Answer by mommyx2grls at 3:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My son always liked the disposable charcater cups the best or the straw cups. They are a lot messier but he always had trouble with the other types
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• She is only 9 months and she tries to eat the straw and I am scared she is going to gag herself on the straw ones.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• when my DD was 6 months old we gave her the munchkin straw ones and she loved them...
    Aubreysmommy1

Answer by Aubreysmommy1 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Gerber all the way! I haven't had one leak yet. They are pretty cheap too.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 3:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• maybe it's not the cup, but what is in it. i only let my kids have formula in the bottle. when i introduced the cup, i introduced juice at the same time. naturally, they preferred the taste of the stuff in the cup, and the adjustment was quick and easy!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have at least 6 different brands for my son, he's 9 months old and the only one he seems to hold onto without a fuss is the Gerber. The Avent spout seems to be too much work for him, either that or my kid takes after his 13 year old sister and developed the "lazy" thing! LOL
    KellTaylor

Answer by KellTaylor at 5:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008