What's your opinion on 2 middle names?

I am prego with baby #3 (we think it's a boy) and we really like the name Casey. My dh wants Bill (after his dad) as a middle name, but I really want Raye (after my grandpa). Do you think 2 middle names is too much? and what do you think of Casey Bill Raye?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Baby Names

• My husband has 2 middle names. Now that he's an adult most things like mail come w/ his first name and 1st middle name in., then his last. It worked out well for us because we had 2 boys and he wanted a jr. but I didn't. So we compromised. We used his first name as our 1st son's middle name, and then we used one of his middle names as our 2nd son's middle name. When we got preg. the last time, if it would've been a boy, he would've gotten my husband's other middle name as his middle name. (It ended up being a girl though) In the end, it's your child and your choice. Don't worry about what others have to say, just worry about how you feel, and how or if the name will effect your child later on. (As far as other kids making fun, if it's a truly off the wall name, or if the in. spell out something offensive, etc.) I think that giving him the names of 2 special people in both your lives would be special to him later on.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 1:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my son has 1 middle name and my daughter has 2. it's on her birth cert but really nothing else. i don't write it on her preschool forms, dr's paperwork, etc. it's just for the family pretty much. I did not put a hyphen in, didn't want to over complicate it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• there's never enough room to put your full name on documents when you're an adult. My neice's name is Destany Alexandria Rose. try fitting that on an application!
    He'll have to pick one or the other to put as the official middle name,or make Billraye his middle

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• IMHO it sounds like the parents just couldnt make up there minds so they just threw both names in.... I dont care for 2 middle names however i do not think that Casey Bill Ray sounds bad.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The names are not my of my liking but I'm not American so. Where I am, people use 3 names anyways, it's part of the Roman Catholic tradition and ppl just kept it. So it's perfectly normal for me, I say go for it.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• and to answer your Q: I Think Casey Bill Raye is adorable!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I like Casey Raye
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Growing up I had only one friend with two middle names: Nicole Delores Renee B. Her middle names were after her two grandmothers.

You can't go wrong if you name your baby family names, and NO ONE will ever call him by his full name (except when he gets into trouble!)

It has a nice ring to it...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Both my kids have two middle names, and their dad gave both of their half-sisters (from his 2nd marriage) 2 middle names as well.

They really only get dragged out when they are in trouble...
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• the like the first answer.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011